In an effort to provide an inviting atmosphere for boaters, the following rules and regulations are provided for your protection. Your cooperation in observing them is appreciated.
All users of Port Superior Marina Association (PSMA) Slips and Facility agree to use the Marina and associated facilities at his/her sole risk and assumes such risk. PSMA does not assume liability for the care, protection and security of any boats and/or equipment. Any loss of property by theft or burglary or any accidental damage or injury to person or property at PSMA by the elements or caused by PSMA, excepting gross negligence or willful misconduct, during the term of stay, user agrees to make no claim against PSMA for any such loss, damage or injury at any time. User shall indemnify and hold harmless PSMA from any claims, suits, actions, damages, liability or expense (including attorneys’ fees) in connection with any injury or damage (unless due to the willful misconduct or gross negligence of PSMA). All users of PSMA agree to maintain a minimum of $500,000 liability insurance and adequate hull insurance on boats and/or equipment stored and/or moored at PSMA. Any vessel moored/stored more than 30 days at PSMA must provide current and active Certificate of Insurance.
1. When a boat enters the Marina, the boat, crew and guests must comply with all rules set out herein.
2. Respect the rights of other owners and guests by maintaining quiet and peaceful conditions between 11 PM and 8 AM.
3. Bowsprits, boomkins, or any part of a yacht may not protrude over docks or finger piers. Boat length may extend beyond finger by 12 feet and must have a beam 12 inches less than the width of the slip in use. Any boat length or width that does not fit these restrictions must have a variance on record with the general manager.
4. Port Superior is an environmentally pro-active marina. Boaters are expected to follow our recycling and environmental guidelines, which are posted in the marina. In addition, an air/fuel separator or air whistle is required on the vessel's fuel tank(s) air vent line(s). An oil absorbent material is also required in the bilge. All boaters must comply with Port Superior Marina’s Best Management Practices as established and distributed by the Marina.
5. Dogs on Marina property must, at all times, be leashed. Dogs may not be walked on grassy areas around or near the bulkhead or where sails may be folded. Dogs that bark excessively must be silenced or removed from the premises.
6. Due to limited space, the gas dock is provided for refueling, pump outs, and other services by Marina employees - mooring for any period of time is prohibited. Cleaning, loading, etc., are to be accomplished at assigned slips.
7. Courtesy carts for use by boaters are to be returned to the head of the respective dock after each use. For safety reasons, people riding in carts is prohibited.
8. Movement of boats within the confines of the Marina must be on a "no wake" basis.
9. To prevent rotting of dock surfaces, carpeting, mats, or any covering material will not be permitted on any surface parallel to the water surface without the approval of Marina management.
10. To prevent electrical hazards, you must be in attendance while using electrical appliances, including heaters, in the marina. Boats on land cannot be left unattended for any amount of time if plugged into electrical service. Swimming is not allowed in the marina basin.
11. No open flames on the docks. Gas grills are acceptable if there is no risk of open flames. Please be considerate of smoke going into your neighbor’s boat. On shore grills are available for your use.
12. Electrical shore power cords are not to be left on the dock when the boat is away from the slip. Shore power cords left on the dock will be removed, and will be returned at the Marina’s convenience.
13. Parking of vehicles and/or trailers is at the risk of the owner.
14. Dockage day starts at 6 AM. Any vessel docked prior to 6 AM will be charged dockage from the previous night. Check-out time shall be 11 AM. Any vessel that occupies a berth after 1 PM will be charged dockage for the following night.
15. Violation of the above rules and regulations, disorder, depredations, or indecorous conduct by a patron, or his crew or guest, that might injure a person, cause damage to property or harm the reputation of the Marina, shall be cause for the immediate removal from the boat in question.
16. PSMA has designated RV parking. Reservations and check in are at the Ship Store. Fees for such parking are established and enforced.
17. No dinghies are to be tied to the bulkhead/breakwall or stored on docks, piers or fingers. Dinghy rack storage is available.
18. The bareboat chartering of vessels by individual boat owners renting a slip at Port Superior Marina is strictly prohibited.
RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MARINA 03/14/07